Spring Trilogy with Jaqui Wan at Yotopia London
When: Sunday 11th February 2018, 2.30pm – 5.30pm
Where: Yotopia, 13 Mercer Street, London WC2H 9QH. Tel: 0333 405 8888
* All three workshops £100 (to be booked in person or over the phone directly with the studio)
* All three workshops for couples £180 (to be booked in person or over the phone directly with the studio)
* Per workshop £35 (can be booked on-line
The first instalment of a three-workshop offering. You will delve into the world of inversions and arm balances; explore the art of human counter-balances and discover the randomness of chance and unfolding play with Bodhitrix’s L Basing compendium.
This is a journey of foundation, connection, calibration, collaboration and play.
The list of offerings are as follows: –
- Exploring Arm Balances & Inversions – Sunday 11th February 2018, 2.30pm – 5.30pm
- Two’s Company: the art of counter-balances – Sunday 18th March 2018, 2.30pm – 5.30pm
- Bodhitrix presents an AcroYoga Play Session – Sunday 29th April, 2.30pm – 5.30pm
Exploring Arm Balances & Inversions
Challenge your yoga asana practice and explore the world of balancing on your hands. We will give you the opportunity to explore the mechanics of both inversions and arm balances.
This workshop is ideal for those with regular yoga asana practice and or form of body awareness tradition; and who are keen to discover their hands and arm balancing potential. Students will learn the alignment techniques, strength elements, the embodiment of inversions and taking weight on the arms and hands. We will build it up progressively working on upper body stamina, core conditioning and wrist awareness.
The session will begin with an asana practice and will progress to working in pairs or in small groups to explore the variety and range of inversions and thereafter delve into the abundant diversity of arm balance poses.
It’s time to chance to challenge yourself and get creative in your asana practice, what better way to do this than by balancing or your arms and hands?