Headstand & Handstands weekend at Yoga K, Montreux, Switzerland
Discover your inversions a focus on headstand and handstands @ Yoga K, Montreux, Switzerland
- Friday 6th Dec 2019, 7-9pm: The Art on Headstands
- Saturday 7th Dec 2019, 10am-1pm: The World of Inversions & Arm Balances
- Sunday 8th Dec 2019, 10am-1pm: Partner Inversions & Partner Balances
Where: Centre Yoga K, Rue de la Ruvenettaz 2 – 1820 Montreux, Switzerland
- All weekend: CHF140
- Friday Only: CHF40
- Saturday Only: CHF60
- Sunday Only: CHF60
The Art of Headstands – Friday 6th Dec 2019, 7-9pm:
- breakdown the strength elements that will embody the foundations of this pose and
- learn how to support and spot a headstand, what to look for? and how to keep the headstander safe whist they are balancing.
The World of Inversions & Arm Balances – Saturday 7th Dec 2019, 10am – 1pm:
This workshop is ideal for those who are comfortable being upside down, with a regular yoga practice and who are keen to discover more about their hand and arm balancing potential.
- Pincha Mayurasana – forearm balances and
- Adho Mukha Vrksasana – handstands
But we will explore a range of arm balancing including: –
- Tittibasana / firefly,
- Parsva Bakasana / side crow and
- Eka Pada Koudiyasana / split leg arm balance, and
- there will be more to explore.
We will cover alignment techniques, strength elements, the embodiment of inversions and how to safely take weight on your arms and hands.
Prerequisites: Should be able to do a headstand against a wall for 15 seconds.
Partner Inversions & Partner Balances – Sunday 8th Dec 2019, 10am – 1pm:
- partner conditioning,
- partner inversions,
- symmetrical counterbalances, and
- inversions on body parts.
‘You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.’ Plato