An AcroYoga fundamentals weekend @ Studio K
CANCELLED DUE TO THE COVID19 PANDEMIC
An AcroYoga weekend @ Yoga K, Montreux, Switzerland
- Saturday 14th March 2020, 10am – 5pm: Exploring the fundamentals
- Sunday 15th March 2020, 10am – 5pm: Calibration through collaboration
Where: Centre Yoga K, Rue de la Ruvenettaz 2 – 1820 Montreux, Switzerland
Cost: For bookings see FB event link to follow or contact Karine Gammuto
- All weekend: CHF170
- Friday Only: CHF100
- Saturday Only: CH100 (please see the prerequisites for attending Sunday only)
Am very happy to announce a joint venture with Helen Green and Studio K; in presenting an AcroYoga elementals weekend. We will cover the spectrum of this practice from ‘Lunar’ healing therapeutics through to ‘Solar’ partner balancing and acrobatic sequencing.
What we offer: –
- bilingual teaching in English and French;
- an experienced teaching team with over ten years of practice;
- joyous hilarity, fun and support;
- yoga, partner balances, Thai massage and flying therapeutics;
- attention to the details required for same size partner calibrations;
- L basing sequences, that can cater for the beginner, intermediate a& advanced;
- a two-hour lunch break to allow for food digestion, free time to play, train & review.
The weekend will present the fundamentals and move onto collaboration and calibration. Each day will present a combination of: –
- the Solar acrobatic practice covers: –
- the art of spotting;
- smart partner training progressions;
- the skills and principles to inversions;
- the nuances to partner balances, how to be precise and be challenged as we move into flying sequences and transitions; and
- how to collaborate with creativity and believe in your potential.
- the Lunar therapeutic practice covers: –
- the world Thai massage and leg love techniques;
- the use of gravity, body weight, touch and harmonics;
- the principles to suspended flying therapeutics; and
- how to train AcroYoga with longevity with self-care making its a marathon, not a sprint.
Saturday 14th March 2020 – Exploring the fundamentals
This day will focus on the foundations of AcroYoga. We will cover the basics and the building blocks that can create fantastic human structures. We will present a spectrum of drills to get you into your acrobatic body and thereafter move onto calibrations by working in groups. We will refine the principles of handstands and partner inversions and thereafter move into a variety of static balance to transitions, exploring basic sequences and flows.
There are no prerequisites in attending Saturday only.
The latter half of the day will be allocated to self-care combining Thai massage, leg love and flying therapeutics.
Sunday 15th March 2020 – Calibration through collaboration
Once warmed up we will recap on the principles of the previous day we will cover the nuances of both calibration and collaboration through the process of a progressive range of motion and points of contact. Thereafter we will present partner transitions and flows, moving onto washing machines and repeatable sequences. We will again allocate time later in the day for self-care and massage.
Prerequisites for attending Sunday only: to be able to base and fly Star / Shoulder-stand of feet, without the active use of a spotter.