Two’s Company: the art of counter-balances @ Yotopia, London
Spring Trilogy with Jaqui Wan at Yotopia London
Date and Time: Sunday 18th March 2018, 2.30pm – 5.30pm
Location: Yotopia, 13 Mercer Street, London WC2H 9QH. Tel: 0333 405 8888
* All three workshops £100 (to be booked in person or over the phone directly with the studio)
* All three workshops for couples £180 (to be booked in person or over the phone directly with the studio)
* Per workshop £35 (can be booked on-line
The second instalment of a three-workshop offering. You will delve into the world of inversions and arm balances; explore the art of human counter-balances and discover the randomness of chance and unfolding play with Bodhitrix’s L Basing compendium.
This is a journey of foundation, connection, calibration, collaboration and play.
The list of offerings are as follows: –
- Exploring Arm Balances & Inversions – Sunday 11th February 2018, 2.30pm – 5.30pm
- Two’s Company: the art of counter-balances – Sunday 18th March 2018, 2.30pm – 5.30pm
- Bodhitrix presents an AcroYoga Play Session – Sunday 29th April, 2.30pm – 5.30pm
Two’s Company: the art of counter-balances
Counter-balances are when weight is used as a lever to reduce the effort of lifting loads, thereby enabling the balance of another weight. We will look at how this can be applied to individuals working together as a pair and what potential balances can be created.We will up look into the push-pull nuances of balance; the engagement and release that allows stability in both symmetrical and asymmetric structures and how to safely build interesting shapes and poses.
We will work progressively beginning with an asana practice for individual body awareness; thereafter, explore the sensitivity required in working as a pair. No partner necessary, we will get to mix and match with everyone in the room.Explore the wonders of human counter-balances, delve into your creative potential.If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far go together (African Proverb).