Exploring Arm Balances & Inversions at The Yoga Body Centre
This workshop is the first of three sessions over a period of three months, our AcroYoga autumn series. We will take you on a journey to explore the unfolding limitless potential to play.
- Exploring Arm Balances & Inversions: Saturday 23rd September 2017, 2.30-6pm
- Developing a Partner Practice: Saturday 14th October 2017, 2.30 – 6pm
- Bodhitrix presents an AcroYoga Play Sessions: Saturday 4th November 2017, 2.30 – 6pm
Locations: Yoga Body Centre 3f Regal House,151-156 Lower Clapton Rd, Clapton Pond, London E5 0QJ
- All three workshops £100
- All three workshops for couples £180
- Per workshop £40
The majority of our physical time is spent upright or horizontal, rarely do we spend our days inverted, UPSIDE DOWN.
Yet, there are many listed health benefits to inversions these include the: –
- endocrine and
- nervous systems to name a few.
Not only are there health benefits, but it can also be a lot of fun to disorientate your perspective of the world and seeing it from the ground up.
Students will learn: –
- the alignment techniques and strength elements that provide tools for the understanding and embodiment of inversions; and
- support their partner as spotter and coach.
We will focus on all manor of inversions from the simple; the forward bend, downward facing dog to the more complex forearm balances, headstand and handstands.
Its time challenge yourself and bring back your youthful fearlessness, what better way to do this than being inverted?
Some yoga or body practice would be an advantage. We will build it up progressively working on upper body strength, core conditioning and wrist awareness. Be prepared to work in pairs or in small groups.